After knowing what are solvents chemical? On this occasion, let's discuss about the benefits and uses of solvents. Solvents are very important for the effectiveness of many products that consumers use every day. There are 5 benefits and uses of solvents, including:
- Solvents in Paints and Coatings: In the use of paints, solvents are used to dissolve or dissolve the components used in paint formulations, the purpose of this use is to make the desired paint consistency when used and to avoid lumps from the paint. Another example of using solvents is Glycol ether esters which is added to several spray paints to prevent them from drying out in the air.
- Solvents in Ink: ink is used to print everything from magazines to packaging and food labels that are applied correctly, to get the right results. In the use of ink, the solvent used is a hydrocarbon solvent. Toluene is a solvent used as an ink solvent in a special type of magazine printing, because it evaporates fast enough to prevent stains and residual toluene is easily recycled.
- Solvents in Personal Care Products: Many cosmetic products rely on solvents to dissolve ingredients and make the mixture work well. One example of Solvents used is in lotions, powders and shaving creams to provide the consistency that is appropriate for the product. An example of a solvent used in personal care is Ethanol, this solvent is used by perfume manufacturers as the solvent of their choice because of its low odor. The low boiling point of ethanol means that the solvent evaporates quickly and is not left on the skin. Besides ethanol, another solvent used is ethyl acetate or acetone used in nail polish and because of its fast drying. It is also used in liquid nail polish remover, and its high solvability means it can be easily removed from the nail.
- Solvents in Cleaning Products: One of the solvents used for cleaning products is glychol ethers which are very effective as active components of heavy glass, floors, and other hard surface cleaning formulations. These solvents have good water compatibility, high solvency for greases and oils and good biodegradability. Besides that another solvent used is Isoparaffin used to dry clothes. This solvent is used because of its low odor, good health and environmental profile, safe handling characteristics and excellent cleaning efficiency.
- Solvents in Health: Solvents are used in hundreds of pharmaceutical products and solvents contribute to many drugs that people use today, from penicillin to aspirin, cough syrups, and topical ointments. One example of a solvent used in health is that Butyl acetate is used to purify penicillin by keeping impurities in solution while penicillin is selectively removed from the reaction mixture by extraction.
Thus the benefits and uses of solvents in everyday life. For those of you who are looking for Solvent Chemical Indonesia or quality solvents, you can visit https://www.indochem.co.id/product.
Photo source: Via AARP.org